IVL is held its first ever Thai language seminar on the subject of “Understanding the Basics of IVL”
July 18, 2012
The Stock Exchange of Thailand
This seminar was in Thai language only and all handouts are in Thai too.
This seminar aimed to provide retail investors, general public, media and analysts to understand the basics of Indorama Ventures. The areas covered include:
- History of the business with a timeline for each business
- How PET, Polyester Fibers and Wool are made
- Customers and applications of products
- Purpose of integration into feedstocks
- Explanation of special terms in each category
- What is ROCE, Spread. How to calculate EBITDA and the difference between core and book EBITDA; a look at which are the important lines in the IVL financial statement; what is negative goodwill.
- IVL strategy; difference between commodities and specialties; why IVL went abroad; why we buy companies; what we look for in M&As; management of the multi-cultural business.