Manager - HSE Processes and Systems
Company : Indorama Ventures Olefins LLC
Country : United States
Qualification & Experience
Manager HSE Processes and Systems Role synopsis/key accountabilities includes the following:
- Responsible for establishment, implementation, and maintenance of HSE processes, systems, and certifications
- Responsible for establishment, implementation, and maintenance of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45000 Management Systems
- Responsible for establishment, implementation, and maintenance of HSE inspection, assessment, and audit processes
- Responsible for establishment, implementation, and maintenance of HSE incident investigation processes and systems Responsible for establishment, implementation, and maintenance of Sustainability Programs
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Review and revise sustainability proposals or policies.
- Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability.
- Identify or create new sustainability indicators.
- Identify or investigate violations of natural resources, waste management, recycling, or other environmental policies.
- Write grant applications, rebate applications, or project proposals to secure funding for sustainability projects.
- Provide technical or administrative support for sustainability programs or issues.
- Identify or procure needed resources to implement sustainability programs or projects.
- Create or maintain plans or other documents related to sustainability projects.
- Develop reports or presentations to communicate the effectiveness of sustainability initiatives.
- Create marketing or outreach media, such as brochures or web sites, to communicate sustainability issues, procedures, or objectives.
- Collect information about waste stream management or green building practices to inform decision-makers.
- Assess or propose sustainability initiatives, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and acceptance.
- Monitor or track sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and recycling.
- Develop sustainability project goals, objectives, initiatives, or strategies in collaboration with other sustainability professionals
- Monitors regulatory entities for new or changes in regulations and rulemaking in order to identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
- Develops and manages employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term strategic safety planning and development. Conducts safety training sessions as necessary.
- Coordinates and conducts work area assessments, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions, such as indoor air quality, chemical hygiene, and performing ergonomic assessments. Responsible to report conclusions and make recommendations to mitigate workplace risk.
- Compiles and analysis injury data, maintains complete and accurate records required, prepares various reports, including charts and graphs, to determine trends and needs. Collaborates with the hospital safety officers and safety committee in the development of measureable goals and objectives to significantly improve on-the-job safety.
- Spends a minimum of 25% of time in the unit actively engaging Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering activities, both planned and ongoing
- Climbing of stairs on a routine basis
- Other duties as necessary and related.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with OSHA, MSHA and DOT safety regulations and programs.
- 6-10 years’ experience in a Health and Safety Leadership position
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Within two years achieves Chartered status of Institute of Occupational Safety or Health or Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist or equivalent
Apply for this position please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted date : 18 October 2018