Company : Auriga Polymers Inc.
Country : United States
Auriga Polymers Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Indorama Ventures PLC is seeking a Data Scientist who has experience turning innovative ideas into meaningful solutions. This position can be located in Spartanburg, SC or Charlotte, NC. This position will work with interdisciplinary commercial and manufacturing teams to explore and develop new solutions for the North American business. The data scientist needs to have a passion for discovering insights in massive amounts of data, a high level of creativity, and a track record of building machine learning models and visual analytics that unlock value from data sources. The data scientist will research, design, and implement cutting-edge algorithms from diverse sources of data for insight discovery and generation of new business revenues.
We are building a team of data scientists to transform current operations to the digital operations of the future, and this role is central to bringing this vision to reality. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to be a leader in creating and promoting advanced analytics and data science capabilities across our entire worldwide organization. If you are looking for a data science role with tremendous creative freedom and growth potential, consider joining Indorama to help us build a world-class data analytics team, and promote a data smart and analytics aware culture across the organization
- Work with operational experts to assess feasibility of digital opportunities / use cases, providing input into prioritization of digital opportunities
- Design solutions and support in the implementation of digital opportunities with a focus on big data analytics, optimization, and machine learning
- Support selection of external data analytics vendors as needed
- Validate the quality of data analytics models developed together with external vendors
- Codify approaches and learnings to facilitate future replications of the same opportunities at other plants
- Work with IT team on data and model integration, ensure data governance and security adhered to
- Hands-on expert support to plant level project teams, e.g., when performing experiments, refining / maintaining models, etc.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering required
- Master’s Degree in Data Science or relevant experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science projects and problem solving
- Distributed computing, data mining, predictive modeling
- Statistical methodologies & machine learning
- Story-telling and visualizing
- Creative problem-solving skills and a desire to work in R&D
- Can work effectively with remote teams
- Experience in predictive, prescriptive and cognitive analytics
- Excellent project management, organization, attention to detail
- Project experience with Manufacturing operations is a plus
- Proficiency with Python & AIMMS; familiarity with, Minitab, C/C++ preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications: able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner, and distill complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations
We are an equal opportunity employer
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditional upon successfully passing a drug test.
To be considered for employment in this position you must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future. This employer uses e-verify.
Apply for this position please contact
Email : Tammi.Harrison@us.indorama.net
Tel : 864-579-5010
Posted date : 09 January 2019