IVL is committed to comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, international standards, procedures and regulations of the countries in which the Company has business operations pertaining to water management (water withdrawal and discharge including effluent) and is proactive in demonstrating leadership in sustainability including efficient water management in line with one of its values, ‘We are responsible’.
While focusing on business performance and objectives, IVL is committed to reduce water intensity and minimize water related risks globally through its enterprise risk management and create sustainable business value.
This water policy is a key component of the IVL Group EHS policy which mandates environmental stewardship, environmental protection, and efficient use of natural resources.
IVL is fully committed to improve its efficiency of water management through:
- Ensuring compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- Regular communication / coordination with local regulatory authorities / water suppliers to monitor water situation and mitigation measures.
- Responsible use of water including monitoring of water consumption with focus on reduction of water intensity on per ton production basis.
- Development of eco-friendly products through process innovation.
- Systematic tracking of water related risks to the company and local communities.
- Quantifying and monitoring our water usage and discharge, as well as the potential effects on the surrounding environment, with the aim of improving performance.
- Regular increase of water recycles and reuses.
- Setting yearly targets for total fresh water consumption and water intensity.
- Monitoring of total yearly water operating costs for all of its sites including the impact of increase in Fresh water cost worldwide for our operations
- To managing and reducing effluents
- Initiate incident investigation and corrective action, and report on non-compliances