Company : Indorama Ventures Olefins LLC
Country : United States
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Perform all required laboratory analyses on raw materials, intermediaries and finished product samples. Typical analyses include a variety of tests to identify and quantify hydrocarbons in percent and trace levels in-process, finished products and byproducts in the manufacture of ethylene and propylene in thermal cracking plant settings. Perform tests on water, waste water from waste water treatment plant for monitoring and compliance purposes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs various tests to check on samples that the results conform to quality control specs of in-process samples, finished products like ethylene, propylene, etc., and byproducts like pygas, oils, etc.
- Follows all standard operating procedures for laboratory testing, while performing each procedure in an accurate, consistent and timely manner.
- Prepares results of analytical reports on timely manner and submit them to different work groups.
- Performs analytical tests of environmental samples from plant, waste water treatment plant, etc.
- Promptly reports discrepancies and out of limits conditions to supervision.
- Prepares and revises Standard Operating Procedures for testing directly related to their job functions.
- Collects and transports samples from plant and waste water treatment plant.
- Performs laboratory instrument calibrations at specified intervals.
- Prepares standards, reagents, chemical solutions, etc., required for tests.
- Prepares daily paperwork and complete daily checklists.
- Uses the proper protective equipment at all times.
- Shows willingness and ability to accept a leadership role in the analytical area, to include cross training on different instruments.
- Utilizes downtime to clean lab and the overall facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in any science subject.
High School education or equivalent with three years of experience in a chemistry lab.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and possess excellent computer skills.
Requires strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Must have ability to work unsupervised, as part of a team
Requires ability to respond to problems quickly and efficiently.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This position is located in a chemical plant producing ethylene.
Requires wearing company provided uniform and proper PPE as required.
Requires flexibility with schedule, including break times and working extended hours, when needed.
Ground to Waist Lift (Occasionally) up to 25# (cases)
Front Carry (Rarely) 25 foot carry up to 55#
Dynamic pushing/pulling (chemical barrels) on cart for up to 50 feet
Standing/Walking (Continuously) standing on variable surfaces throughout entire shift
Stairs (Occasionally) step up/down from 15’ platform/step heights
Squatting/Stooping/Kneeling: (Occasionally) to as low as ground level while cleaning
Repetitive use of hand/grasping: (Occasionally) light to forceful manipulating/grasping of equipment.
Reaching: (Frequently) up to 32 inches in front of body at floor to 60” heights while reaching for product.
Qualification & Experience
Apply for this position please contact
Email : email@example.com
Posted date : 10 September 2018